DO IT YOURSELF HOME CARE
Though created as a patient treatment guide for dentists, you can benefit from these beautifully illustrated instructions; especially parents, care-givers, health workers . . .
Dr. Lina Jasulaityte, Netherlands, April 2022
COMING SOON: A MODIFIED VIDEO VERSION FOR PATIENTS
* Avoid sugary foods & equally bad cracker type foods
* Brush with fluoride toothpaste
* Preferably high fluoride prescription toothpaste
* Povidone-Iodine quarterly home application
* Include arginine rich foods & toothpaste
October 5, 2022
Dr. Jeremy Horst
SLIDE PRESENTATION [PDF] 48 slides Aug, 2021
SLIDE PRESENTATION [PPTX]
APPLICATION DEMO ( VIDEO] 2 min
For Prevention or Treatment of Decay
1. Brush teeth
2. Dispense 8 drops of 10% povidone-iodine in any bottle cap
3. Saturate on end of a Q-Tip swab
Note: To avoid too much iodine, do not re-dip after applying
4. Swallow, then dry teeth with facial tissue
5. Roll & push swab releasing more iodine on biting surfaces,
especially where they touch each other, also exposed root surfaces
6. Continue across all teeth wiping all surfaces
7. Keep mouth open for 10 seconds
8. Do not rinse, Go to bed
For Prevention: Repeat once every 2 or 3 months
For Treatment*: Once per week for a month, then
slow to once every other week.
Myth: It stains teeth.
No! However, it can stain cloth.
Myth: Shellfish allergy = iodine allergy.
No! There is no cross-reactivity between them.
Myth: Bad taste
No! A little bit of iodine does not taste bad.
Dr. Jeremy Horst (Aug. 2021)
* Text Message from Dr. Horst; Nov. 04, 2022